The Valentines Post Office is always very busy this time of year. The boys and girls in Ms. Escobar’s class from Totaro Elementary School visited on Tuesday, Feb. 11 and posed for a picture before having their cards received that special postmark. Annette Glasscock talked with the children and shared a little about the history of the post office. Before the children arrived she said on Saturday, Feb. 8 the parking lot was filled with members from a motorcycle club and a Corvette club. The post office is located at 23 Manning Drive, Valentines, Virginia, 23887. The phone number is (434) 577-2456. The hours are 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed for lunch from 1 to 1:30 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. Make plans to visit the post office, you will be glad you did. It’s like stepping back in time, in a good way. Do you remember Postmaster Willie Wright? (Sylvia Allen/Brunswick Times-Gazette)
- Coronavirus touches Greensville County, Emporia
- Southside Health District confirms case of COVID-19 in Brunswick County
- Sidewalk project progressing
- Dean takes position for Town of South Hill
- Lawrenceville Lions Club selling Brunswick Stew
- Director of Economic Development resigns
- School Board to hold special called meeting
- Hospital on Buena Vista Circle to be prepared to open for possible COVID-19 surge
- BA Middle School Forensics Team earns awards
- Dress In Blue Day brings awareness to colorectal cancer
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.