WASHINGTON – U.S. Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-VA), incoming Chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, recently released the following statement after the Trump Administration announced new sanctions against seven individuals and four entities involved in a Russia-linked foreign influence network: “Even as our attention turns to the real-world impacts of domestic-led disinformation campaigns, we cannot forget that our foreign adversaries have relied upon many of the same tactics. Moreover, much of the false information spread about President-elect Biden during and since the campaign had its roots in the entities being sanctioned today, as we saw Russian entities seed or amplify dangerous narratives that gained significant traction in far-right media. We must redouble efforts to build public confidence in our democratic process and work to develop reforms that make our information ecosystem more resilient to disinformation and wider exploitation efforts.” Sen. Warner, as Vice Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, helped lead the only congressional committee to conduct a successful bipartisan investigation into Russia’s unprecedented interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Traffic stop yields cocaine
- First Baby of 2021 at VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital
- Why I Love Brunswick County
- Destruction of property, trespassing charges filed
- Supervisors recognize Clary and “Angus”
- Lawrenceville Town Office to close Jan. 18, 2021
- Frontline workers nervous, confused as Virginia vaccine numbers lag behindBy ELIAS WEISS Star-Tribune Digital Coordinator / Staff Writer
- Supervisors set tentative agenda
- Of Birds and Critters
- Statement of U. S. Senator Mark R. Warner on Facebook ban of President Trump
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.